I’m still working hard on Gunpoint, and our third patch in two weeks just went up on Steam. I’ll update this when the Humble chaps have it up also. Details and future plans!
Update! Now live on Humble Store too.
- You can’t change the past. At least, you can’t change more than the first 11 missions of the past. At least, you can’t if you don’t have a scroll wheel on your mouse. At least, you couldn’t until this patch, which fixes that. The Up and Down keys (W/S) now work to scroll through the Previous Missions menu.
- With apologies to Mad Men fans, knocking the final boss through his own office window no longer causes him to fall in extreme slow motion.
- If you bought so many batteries that you can no longer afford the Gatecrashers needed for the final mission, a) wow, and b) you can now sell batteries at that point. Unless your battery fixation prevents you from parting with them, in which case your adventure ends here.
- Due to new breakthroughs in microphone technology, Sound Detectors are now so sensitive they can even pick up gunshots. (They previously only triggered if the player was the one who fired).
- Did you know you can patch a soundtrack? We patched the soundtrack so that the track numbering makes more sense for the Special Edition.
- You can no longer teleport backwards through left-facing windows by pressing Down. Sorry speedrunners.
- If you’re having music problems, I feel bad for you son. So I’m working hard to fix them, and in the meantime I’ve added a button to restart the music: press M if you’re not hearing music and should be.
Note: ‘plans’ is short for ‘things I hope to do if possible’ – don’t buy the game on the assumption any of these will happen.
- Steam Workshop support for custom levels: looking for someone to write a plugin for this, details shortly.
- Level editor improvements: people are like, “It crashes if you put two elevators in!” and I’m like, “I know, why do you think the levels only ever have one elevator?” But I’ll have a go at fixing stuff like that.
- Customisable controls: I realise not having these is annoying, it’s just gonna take a while to do.
- Conversion to Game Maker Studio: should fix some otherwise unfixable compatibility problems like the slowdown bug, and improve performance for everyone. Need help to do it, though.
- Mac version.
- Linux version.
Reminder! If you have a serious problem I haven’t fixed yet, I’d rather not have your money! See the tail end of this post for how to request a refund. Short version: I can definitely do it if you bought via Humble, otherwise it’s up to Steam but I’ll back you up if needed.