I’ve just put up a new version of the game I made last weekend, Scanno Domini. You encounter randomly generated enemy robots, scan them to unlock their parts, then kill them and take all their guns, shields and engines for yourself. Grab the new version here.
If you do play it, I’d love to know what you thought of it – I’ve been really surprised by the feedback so far.
This version fixes a few significant bugs I didn’t have time to test during the compo – the competition version will stay as it is for judging purposes, of course, I’m just putting this up for anyone who wants to have fun with it. The key changes are:
- Choice of resolutions – anything up to 1920×1200. The game will remember your choice and not ask you again.
- Fixed a crash relating to being able to fire while dead. Duhhh.
- Fixed a bug preventing enemies from sensing when you shoot or touch them – they now turn to try and find you.
- Fixed a lot of erratic behaviour with the scanner – it’ll now scan all the new tech the bot has in one go.
- Fixed a problem with bot behaviour that made The Ominous Event extremely hard to recover from – they’ll wander off on their own once you’re down now.
- Fixed a bug causing some bots to spawn ‘blind’, with no vision cone. It was kind of cute, but causing problems down the line.
Sometime after Christmas, I think I may try a 48 hour sprint with Gunpoint. Getting so much done in such a short time is exhilarating, and it could really use a burst of progress to get it to a point where it makes sense.